40 DAYS OF COMMUNITY
Why 40 Days?
God considers 40 days a significant time period spiritually:
- God transformed the earth via Noah and the 40 days of rain.
- Moses was with God 40 days on Mt. Sinai receiving the 10 commandments.
- The Spies spent 40 days in the promised land.
- David was transformed by Goliath’s 40-day challenge.
- The city of Nineveh was transformed by Jonah’s 40 days of preaching.
- Jesus was empowered for ministry after 40 days in the wilderness.
- The Disciples were transformed by spending 40 days with Jesus after the Resurrection.
How to get involved:
A Connect 40 group is simply a group that will meet during the 40 days of community. The group can be just you and your family, or a small circle of friends. We have created curriculum that will be distributed to all who sign up. Register to receive a packet below.
- H – Have a group
- O – Open your home (home, starbucks, or resturant)
- S – Serve a snack
- T – Talk it out
There will be several serve projects that will be available for the entire church to sign up to do. In addition if you and your group of friends have a project you’re are passionate about just let us know.
- Friday, October 18th – @ 6 pm: Hillgrove High School
- Saturday, October 19th – @ 8 am: Reflections of Trinity (Serve Food Baskets)
- Saturday, October 19th @ 10:30 am: Powder Springs Elementary (Paint Restrooms)
- Saturday, October 19th @ 2 pm: Bethel Gardens Nursing Home
Connect 40 Week 5: Serve Connected
Connect 40 Week 4: Growing Together
Connect 40 Week 3: What builds and what Destroys Relationships
Connect 40 Week 2: Partnership
Connect 40 Week 1: Live Connected
Why Small Groups - Part 1
Why Small Groups - Part 2
Are you hosting a group? We want to know who we are impacting during the 40 Days of Community! Click below to submit the report from your Connect40 Group. Please submit by 11:59 pm on Saturday Night.
It is not too late to jump on board! Register below to get involved in 40 Days of Community: